Cedar hangers are not only beautiful, but they are also functional. Cedar has lots of advantages that are beneficial to your closet and your clothes. Cedar hangers are among the most popular in the world for these reasons:
1) They have a beautiful wood grain pattern that makes a bold statement in the closet. The aesthetic look and feel just cannot be beat if you are looking to accent your closet with an old world feel.
2) The aroma of the cedar is very clean and crisp. The smell is loved by many people around the world. The cedar hanger not only smells great, but it has a deodorizing effect as well. The wood actually absorbs odors from your clothing and closet, and then replaces it with a hint of a woody scent.
3) Cedar absorbs not only odors, but moisture, too. Moisture can build up in a closet. It causes problems like mildew, bad smells and mold. Mold can grow under your baseboards or carpet where you won’t even see it. Many people report health problems caused by mold in their homes. Cedar hangers absorb the moisture that can lead to mold, mildew and foul odors.
4) Cedar is a natural pest control. You won’t have to use harmful chemicals in your home if you invest in cedar hangers. Moths, ants, silverfish and more won’t come near a closet with cedar hangers.
5) Cedar hangers are some of the strongest hanger on the market today. Unlike other hardwoods, cedar is a plentiful wood that is strong enough to hold up the heaviest of coats. These hangers are so strong that they can be passed down from generation to generation. If they begin to lose their scent, you can simply wipe gently over the surface with a fine grit sandpaper to renew the aroma.
6) One of the best reasons to go with cedar hangers is their style. The curvature of the hanger keeps suits and coats from losing their shape at the shoulders. The smooth wood will not snag delicate fabrics or splinter off after years of use. They make a definite statement of refinement, efficiency, uniformity and practicality in your closet. Your coat closet especially could benefit from such an addition. Friends and family will be proud to hang their coats in your coat closet when they visit.